Friday, May 31, 2013

你好 Hello to Mandarin Chinese!

你好      
Nǐ Hǎo
Hello in Chinese! My smart kids had the opportunity this year to begin to learn Chinese. Did you know that Chinese is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world? It is also the official language of many US trading partners. When I found out that my county was partnering with the Confucius Institute to bring Chinese language instruction to our schools, I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I was surprised how quickly my kinders picked up on the language. An added bonus was the joy of getting to know our Chinese teacher, Qiao Yuan. The school calls me her "American mother." Even though I'm old enough to be her mom, we agreed that I'll be called her "American sister." My family adopted her and we've enjoyed having her in our home. We even took her on vacations with us.


Miss Qiao wanted more resources to use...so we made some! If you are in a school with a Chinese language program, or if you know of someone who is, we hope you'll take a look at our products. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment